Tuesday, August 21, 2018

1st Day in 5-2 :)

What a whirlwind of a first day in 5-2!!  We spent the day getting to know each other a little better, learning about our classroom, and playing a few games, and laughing a lot. We were so busy that I wasn't able to snap any pictures, but I will post a few over the next few days.

I wanted to give you a heads up that a few things were sent home today:

Lunch Menu
Million Words or Less - this is a homework assignment for you :)
Tenth Inning Letter - this should be signed and returned by you.
Safety Patrol Letter - this introduces our safety patrol program.

You should find them in the Home folder of their accordion folder.  Please ask your child for the contents of this folder nightly for important notices.  There won't necessarily be something in that folder every day, but when things are sent home, that is where you will find them.  

If you're missing any of those, please let me know - I can email you an electronic copy.

Your children should also be asking you to sign their assignment notebook every night.  When you do, please check for my owl stamp - this indicates that I checked them out at the end of the day.  It is their responsibility to bring their assignment notebook to me to check for the first half of the year. They receive a hole punch on their Fun Card at the front of their assignment notebook for every night you sign their notebook - when the Fun Card is full, it becomes a homework pass :)

I truly had a blast spending the day with your kids...I hope they had as much fun as I did!   You all have such delightful, respectful children...pause and give yourself a pat on the back for a job well done :)

As always, please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.  Have a peaceful evening - they should sleep well tonight ;)  I know I will!

"No one has yet fully realized the wealth of sympathy, kindness and generosity hidden in the soul of a child. The effort of every true education should be to unlock that treasure." - Emma Goldman

No comments:

Post a Comment